Justin, Jazmin, Julien, Ottis

Justin, Jazmin, Julien, Ottis
Our little Family

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

ICE ICE BABY !!


Once again had to leave early from work due to the weather, I really need to get into a schedule again !! I miss my nanny ! Its crazy when you have someone to help you and then is gone for a bit you realize how much you appreciate them !! 


anyways. . . so I had been complaining about how my cutie pie Julien was behaving pretty badly to a friend and she said, "GIRL YOU GOTTA SPANK HIM, just get him three good ones". Sooooo I did today he slapped me and I turned him around on my leg,butt up and gave him three spankings, he looked soooo shocked he cried & got over it. ALL day today he has been a complete angel, I am not usually a supporter for spanking but geez it was like a light switch. I hope that was the last time he ever gets a spanking. 


Here is Julien's latest mischievous act:

some tips for the future:

Defusing tantrums

Acknowledge that she's frustrated. Your best first defense is to look your child in the eye and let her know you feel her pain. By saying "I know you want a cookie," or even just "I know you're upset," you're telling her you're there to help her feel better. That might be enough to calm her down so you can add, "I wish we could have cookies, too. It's too bad we can't right now."
Be silly. Laughter can be a great tantrum buster. If your child starts to pitch a fit about getting into the tub, try singing a goofy song  -- anything to make her giggle.
Try a distraction. Give her something else to think about. Try saying, "Let's finish shopping by picking out bananas together." Or if it's time to leave the park, but she doesn't want to, "How many dogs do you think we'll see on the drive home?"
Ignore it. Sometimes, tantrums escalate because your toddler thinks she'll get what she wants if she screams loud enough. If you don't react, she may give up.
Leave the scene. When all else fails, get out of line, off the slide, whatever. But do it without making a fuss  -- you'll be modeling calm behavior. It may be inconvenient, but it shows who's in control: you.

http://www.parenting.com/article/temper-tantrums?page=0,1


No comments:

Post a Comment